Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sharepoint Installation : Creating configuration database failed

When I m installing sharepoint 2007 in my system, Installation was smooth.But when I try to launch central administration console I see a warning message 'Sharepoint farm should be configured to launch console'.

I started configuring it through sharepoint product and technologies wizard , I tried this for several times to complete the configuration but i could not able to complete due to the error ' Creating configuration database failed'

I have tried couple of solutions from online,but nothing was worked.Finally I came to know that this problem comes because of SQLInstance name. I did not specified server name along with instance name which I given while installing .

I found the solution from microsoft : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938217

No comments: