Friday, May 29, 2009

Windows Vista USB Detection problems

I am working on some application that are actually run from USB devices. What happened was when i am using that application in windows vista operating system in VMware, Vista was unable to detect the USB device . I tried so many times by plugging and removing. Then I asked my friend google,he routed me to some pages where i found that vista having some problems in detecting USB devices. We may need to install service packs and some fixes in order to avoid these problems. So i proceeded with installing service packs and fixes. Then it started working fine.
One more excited thing i got in this experiment that is when i created vista using latest VMware version 6.5 then the vista started detecting the USB devices with out installing service packs..
some confusions are here is whether the problem is in vista or VMware. Anyway finally i ended up with some solutions. I am just sharing my experiences here so that if somebody get same problems they can solve as per above two methods....
links that would help for same problems are here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941600

No comments: